Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A "real" man's first blog post!

This blog is dedicated to the one thing that I am truly passionate about, being a man's man. And no, I'm not self-proclaiming myself the next Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell or anything of that nature. But rather, I call myself the "real man" as a tribute to all "real men", men who share with me the joy and fulfillment of being family man. Men for whatever reason tend to , for whatever reason, tend to get a bad rap when it comes to the family aspect of life (try watching nearly any Liftetime Movie), but I would almost bet that if you were to polled almost every man on his death bed and ask him what moments he cherished most on this planet, I would be greatly surprised if his answer was anything but: "The one's with my family!".

I want this blog to have a lot of meaning for all who enjoy their family life, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it'd have a guy's touch to it. I'm sure I'll go off on rants of varying topics such as: sports, politics, technology, home improvement, etc., etc..... Although, it is my goal for it to be all centralized around a strong, healthy family life. I will be posting first a few broad, yet important, topics to eventually build off of. They will be split into several parts which I intend to include: Family, Health, Work, Friends, Church. There maybe one or two more I'm not thinking of right now but you catch the drift.

I will not proclaim here to be the three-time reigning father of the year, I will be the first to admit when my two-year-old say's "dadby a cookie, PPWWEEZZ" at 8:00 at night, I'm probably going to get him one (when his mother is in the other room, that is). Once again though, I personally believe that is also why I can hold stake to the name of a "real man". We all do it differently and that's good! As long as the family's well being is priority number one, you are a "real man (or women)" in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment