Friday, February 6, 2009

Baby Picture Madness!!!

I think I just came up with a fun and exciting project for this blog. I'd like to call it the Baby Picture Madness! It's in essence a cutest baby picture contest, but with a twist. I plan on setting it up in tournament style, to decide a baby picture of the month. Then at the end of the year take the 12 monthly winners and decide the baby picture of the year!

It'll work like this: I'll have say a field of 16 baby pictures in the running for the month. The 16 will basically be decided by the first 16 pictures I receive via email (could expand it if I get a lot of pictures sent in). In the first week of the month I'll write a blog post with each baby picture facing off against another baby picture, and have a open poll for viewers to vote on which baby picture they prefer. For example: Baby 1 will face Baby 16, Baby 2 will face Baby 15, Baby 3 will face Baby 14 and so on. Then on Friday I'll close the polls and which ever baby pictures have the most votes against their opponent move on to the next week in the Top 8 and continue until we have a winner.

I would love to go ahead and have one for February but I've started this a week late. So I figure I'll just start it off with an 8 baby picture bracket this first month and see how much response I get to it. Here is a pic of what I'm envisioning here:
I really think this would be a lot of fun. I was hoping to open the first round polls on Tuesday February 10! So if your interested in being apart of the Baby Picture Madness you can send me a your cutest picture and a first name of your little one at familyfirstman@yahoo.com and I'll take the first 8 pictures I get. Oh and PS for right now I think I'm gonna put a age limit of 3 years-old right now. If all goes well I may open separate age divisions, we'll see.

1 comment: