Friday, February 6, 2009

Mad at Dad

I read a very interesting article this morning from parenting.com called "Mad at Dad". It sits at #1 on their most viewed column. If you haven't read it you should, very eye opening for dads and probably very, "Yeah see, I'm not the only one" for moms. Here's a link if your interested: Mad at Dad.

I hate to admit it but I fall right into these statistics she gives in this 4000 word rant. I actually feel really bad, because I know my wife has hinted at the unequal amount of things she does compared to what I do. It is also sad that it takes an article like this to shame me into helping her out more but I can guarantee that I'm going to do my best to move out of these statistics.

I know, now I'm the guy that's holding up the pom poms for guys' wives now, but you know fellas the women of our lives do handle a lot, and for the most part we get to live in our own little world a lot of the time. A lot of you will admit that we got it pretty good: nice clean home, nice warm dinner, our skivvies cleaned and folded for us. We can and should be able to reach out a hand and ask "what do you need help with." I'm as guilty as anyone of this. I believe I do pretty good with the kid but I know when it comes to the house I fall short.

So I'm personally making the challenge to guys. We know we can do anything when we want to, so lets go from "real" men to ultimate men.

No comments:

Post a Comment